Saturday, October 10, 2009

It hapens every August

Well..... this is the entry I wanted to write in late August. And, actually, in a way, I did write it. In my head. It just never journeyed from my head onto paper, as we used to say. August here in the Portland, Oregon area is almost always a gorgeous month. It's warm, even hot, but the nights are getting just a bit cooler. And then one beautiful morning, you walk outside into the sunshine and blue skies and late summer flowers, and there is a definite feel of 'autumn in the air'. That crisp edge to the air that signals that summer is coming to an end. And here in the Pacific NW that means 'grab the sun while you can'! In the eastern part of our country, fall is a glorious and beautiful season. The colors are spectacular, and the weather is sunny and dry, although cool. And this year we have been treated to more than our usual share of that gorgeous weather, and I for one have really been loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment