Friday, February 24, 2012

Time for Thai

I really wish I had a picture for ya'll, but I wasn't thinking about photography last night as I was whipping up another batch of Thai food for us. But next time..... I'll take some pics. I promise!

I start with Thai Kitchen red curry paste or green curry paste, and I follow the itty bitty directions on the label. I like both, so when I go to make Thai, I open both and give them each a good sniff and then decide what my taste buds want that night! 

You'll need a can of coconut milk (I use lite), some fish sauce, chicken stock, fresh basil (YES fresh!), bamboo shoots, a bit of brown sugar, some cooked meat like pork or chicken, and veggies. I usually add carrots, green beans and mushrooms, but potatoes, peas and onions are also good. And I love fresh basil, so I use a lot, finely chopped. And I usually have all of these items on hand.

Now a few words about how much of that curry paste to add. They say to use 1/2 to 1 tablespoon. Don't go there!!!! My hubby is Chinese and we both really enjoy spicey hot food. That much curry paste would launch him into orbit! Use 3/4 to 1 1/4 teaspoons of curry paste. If you can handle more than that, let me know!

I do add a ton of goodies, more than they say. And we always make a pot of rice as well.  Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment